Barn Door Open Problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Aug 9 14:23:42 EDT 2005

Recently, David Burgun  wrote:

> show image 1
> hide image 1
> set the fileName of image 1 to "myfile.jpg"
>
> Or anything that doesn't use "visual effects" it works fine. In fact
> if I use one-word effects like dissolve it works too.
>
> Just tried doing this:
>
> show image "ImageSplash" with "barn door open" and it still doesn't work!
>
> Although
>
> show image "ImageSplash" does!
>
> A mystery!

You must be missing the "visual" reference.  The following test works here:

 on mouseUp
   if the vis of img 1 then
      hide img 1 with visual "barn door close"
    else show img 1 with visual "barn door open"
 end mouseUp

Note that the barn door effect is a completely separate effect from
dissolve.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director