Standalone App Question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Aug 9 14:01:28 EDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Ken Ray wrote:
> However, there is an approach that gets around all of this
> (suggested to me
> by Trevor and it works great): make a stack (I call it
> "externals"), and
> attach all of your external to it. Then, when your first stack
> loads, load
> up the "Externals" stack as a library with "start using". This will
> not only
> allow you to easily activate the externals, but it will also make the
> functions in the externals available to all currently open stacks.
> Now this
> "Externals" stack can either be a separate stack file on disk, or
> it can be
> a substack. Either way, when it is put into use with "start using",
> it will
> be available to all currently open stacks.

On thing to note here Ken, is that if you assign the externals to a
substack then removing the externals from memory isn't as
straightforward as just closing the substack.

Assigning the externals to a stack that does nothing else but load/
unload externals is the easiest, most reliable method I could come up
with.  Of course, if you don't have to worry about unloading your
externals then this isn't an issue.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia