command-period - On third thought...

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Aug 8 13:12:01 EDT 2005

Okay, a fresh download of Revzilla made Revzilla work. It doesn't
take long to get familiar with the interface, and now it is easy to
peruse bugzilla.

The status of the command-period issue now seems unclear. One BZ item
suggests command-period should halt a script while debugging.
Apparently that's been resolved.

The other relevant BZ item addresses a situation that sounds like a
loop that a command-period will not interrupt. It sounds like the
bug-reporter was talking about an endless and rapid succession of
answer dialogs. That's similar to my concern, but not identical. The
reply on BZ is ambiguous. Maybe it isn't technically possible, though
that isn't clear. The status of the concern is "assigned," way back
in an early version.

My issue is much simpler. If an answer dialog is waiting on the
screen, command-period, would, in a perfect world, exit to top. As
far as I can tell, no keyboard entry will make that happen.

I'm reluctant to submit this to BZ, because the list might have been
over and over it already. Or it might be obvious to insiders that it
isn't technically possible.

Does anyone else wish for this relatively minor improvement? Is it
technically possible?

Cheers,

Tim