SCRIPTS IN GROUPS

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 6 13:56:22 EDT 2005

Bill wrote:
> The only thing confusing about it is that the user interface makes it so you
> can see the shape of your background group (and I have it set to background
> so the objects in it will duplicate each time I make a new card so I can't
> turn that off). So I guess when you set a group to background maybe it's
> appearance when in programming mode could be the whole card? Of course, now
> that I know the special behavior it isn't a problem but I'm just thinking
> for the next new user.

Those users should read our conference stack on "Groups and Backgrounds"
where this was all explained. ;)

<http://support.runrev.com/scriptingconferences/>

A background group isn't any larger than its parts, but the *messaging*
behavior varies depending on whether the group is shared or not. This
makes a good deal of sense once you understand the paradigm.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com