me vs. this?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Aug 5 10:48:06 EDT 2005

At 10:09 AM -0400 8/5/2005, Charles Hartman wrote:
>What I most don't understand (??) is the relation between "me" and
>"this X" when "me" is an instance of type X.

"This" only applies to the current card or current stack ("this card"
or "this stack"). This may or may not be the object whose script is
executing ("me").

You might want to check out the owner property, in addition to the
entries for "this" and "me" - it sounds like what you're looking for:

   -- in a button script
   answer the name of the owner of me -- name of the group this button is in
   answer the hilitedButtonName of the owner of me
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com