Drag & Drop of lines within fields

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Aug 4 12:00:39 EDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Howard Bornstein <howard.bornstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> (snip)
> Scott's solution is very elegant. Wilhelm Sanke also came up with a
> fairly simple solution that I find I use frequently for this purpose.
> His script is below.
> (snip)

Thanks for the reference, Howard.

The first version of this script Howard refers to was produced with help
from Scott Raney (the creator of Metacard).

Following a similar discussion in February (subject. "Drag
from-within-to fields") I had added a sample stack to my website
containing 6 different solutions of the drag-drop-lines question,
including one example that presents a slightly modified version of Scott
Rossi's stack (hope he has agreed to my modification as an alternative
to his excellent solution).

The sample stack can be directly downloaded from here

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/DragWithListfields.zip>

or from page "Tools and Samples for Development" of
<www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>

The scripts can most certainly - as usual - be improved, refined, and
extended, but they may at least show directions how to tackle some
problems coming up when you wish to visibly (not just with a drag
cursor) drag between or inside controls whose locktext is set to true.

-- Wilhelm Sanke