recursion limits

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Wed Aug 3 13:59:50 EDT 2005

I know recursion has been discussed in the past, and I'm wondering if
anyone has ever run into any limits (i.e. memory problems) with
recursion in Rev.  I am working on a little backup utility for my own
use, and I'm wondering what would happen if I decided to back up my
entire hard drive?  Would Rev choke on that?  I realize it could
potentially take hours.  Would I start getting out of memory errors?
The utility uses a directory walking function to create a list of all
sub folders and files to be backed up.

Anyone have some detailed results with this type of thing?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally