[OT] Pigs Fly

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Wed Aug 3 12:56:44 EDT 2005

A number of times I have been called on to help "novice" computer users
with problems on their PCs.  When I ask them to right click on something,
they invariable had never used the right mouse button.  From then on, every
time I ask them to click on something, they ask "right or left
button?"   There is a lot to be said for simplicity.  Apple did a lot of
user testing to determine a one-button mouse is less confusing, but as
Richard points out, computer novices are becoming more and more extinct...