OT iBook DVD can play internat'l movies?

Kat katherine.w.c at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:59:47 EDT 2005

Thomas McCarthy wrote:

Can my iBook's DVD play DVDs from any world zone?

The answer is yes, but if you also want to play US zoned discs, you have
to reset the DVD player. You can do this only a limited number of times
(5) per machine.  Yes, it's a problem, but if you can completely remove
all the DVD player's components from your computer after using up all
the changes (something I've never tried to do), it may be possible to
restart the clock by reloading the player engine.  There's probably some
hidden files that only the superuser can delete, though. 'Nuff said.

Cheers,
Kat Cochrane
a.k.a. "Kat Lemieux" in SecondLife,
virtual meeting place of
SERUG  - South East Revolution User Group
See http://rugusa.linguistix.net