[OT] Pigs Fly --a rose by any other name...

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 21:07:15 EDT 2005

They say it can act like a single button mouse if you like but it
actually IS a multi-button mouse. I'll have to see it to see how well
it works but there are sensors in the front for both a left and right
mouse button action.

It looks interesting. I really like my Kensington Optical Elite
(scroll wheel multbutton) mouse. Hopefully Apple did a great job on
this but we will just have to try it.

The most interesting aspect to me is the advancement on the scroll
wheel so that it moves in all directions. This could be really good
if it is well done.

The only real concern I have is in the feedback to the user of
actions. A nice tactile feel and click is a good thing. I've never
really liked the idea of sounds (like from a little speaker in the
mouse) as the only feedback. We will have to try it to see.

Bill