global problems

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Aug 2 18:59:46 EDT 2005

I agree (with everybody), of course.

But it is true that until this thread came up I didn't think to look
in the Variable Watcher for signs of this. There were a couple of
globals that I had declared at an earlier experimental stage of
development of this project, still hanging around without making a
peep. That does seem a little untidy.

But I guess this is a logical result of the (otherwise blessed)
absence of a code-and-compile cycle. In a Transcript-like
environment, it's hard to think _what_ non-explicit signal there
could be that a variable is no longer, and never will be, wanted.

Charles