MySQL Connection - Problem Solved + Additional Info

Alan Golub asg618 at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 23:52:23 EDT 2005

Ken's solution worked like a charm and I'm back to work!

For those interested, I did some research on the background of this problem,
and the explanation is provided in the MySQL online manual, starting here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/password-hashing.html

With explanation of the workarounds here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

One potential problem pointed out is that OLD_PASSWORD() may one day be
deprecated. Hopefully by then most affected third-party clients, like Rev,
will have upgraded to a client library that supports the new authentication
protocol.

Alan Golub
Golub & Isabel, P.C.