[ANN] Reminder - online scripting conferences

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 29 21:47:42 EDT 2005

On 4/29/05 5:49 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

 > J. Landman Gay wrote:
 >

 >> We're on Daylight Savings Time right now, so everything shifted one
 >> hour. EST right now is -4. This fall, it will be -5 again. At least, I
 >> think so, because I'm in Central time zone and we are at -5 right now.
 >>
 > Actually, EST never changes - right now the East Coast states are on EDT
 > (Eastern Daylight Time) which is UTC-4
 > EST is (and always will be) UTC-5.

Ack. There is no denying your logic. ;) And here Heather even got in
touch with me to double-check the time conversion, and I was, like,
"Yeah, that's right...oh wait, no, it should be an hour earlier...oh! no
wait, I'm wrong, it's, um...yeah, okay, that's right." I was so busy
figuring out the numbers I forgot to look at the letters.

 > UTC is close enough to GMT for our purposes (they can vary by up to 0.9
 > of a second !!)

Okay, that's it. I have the solution. We all stay online for 24 hours
nonstop so we don't miss anybody. And no fair sleeping.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com