Making Revolution faster with really big arrays

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Apr 29 10:41:02 EDT 2005

Pascal is relatively easy to learn, and there are some very good
compilers available for numerous platforms.  I would suggest either
FreePascal or GPC as a Pascal compiler.

Ada is also a good language, but quite a bit fussier than Pascal and
with a slightly larger learning curve.  A good Ada compiler is GNAT, a
free version of which is part of the GNU compiler collection (GCC).
You can download the free version of GNAT for various platforms.

If you are not already familiar with a compiled language, I would
definitely avoid C.  And Java will have most of the same performance
problems with this that Rev will, so that won't help you quite as much.