Draw over existing objects

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Apr 26 09:46:48 EDT 2005

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but that stack doesn't seem
relevant.

There is lots of code in there for a number of things, but I am looking
for a way to, for example:

set the tool to "graphic"
set the style of the templateGraphic to "rectangle"

then let the user draw in a window whose entire visible area is covered
by a group.  The tool seemingly ignores the fact that it is a "drawing"
tool (rather than a "selection" tool) and tries to select the group
rather than draw a new rectangle.

The group is not marked as opaque, currently has no objects within it
(it is an empty group), is set to cantSelect, has both scrollbars, is
visible, and covers all but a small part of the window, where I am
dragging a palette along with the window (as a toolbar -- not a perfect
solution, of course, but the best I've come up with so far given Rev's
feature set in terms of the drawing tools).