Image Library question

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Apr 26 02:54:17 EDT 2005

> Thanks for the info but I'm not sure what to do from here. You say to
> set the image IDs above 1 billion but how do I do that? I'm importing
> a folder full of images, I'm not even sure how to do that with one
> image.
Import all your images and then make a button with this script:

on mouseUp
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of images
     set the ID of image x to 50000 + x
   end repeat
end mouseUp

You may need to alter it so that it gets to all your images, depending
on where they are, but you should get the idea.

> I admit to be a little dismayed and discouraged that this problem and
> I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed yet. (hek, it's not even a
> "confirmed" bug in the Bug Database. This has become a big issue for
> me as now all my images are messed up and I have no confidence in the
> image management system of RR.
>
> I may now need to completely rebuild my stack from scratch to fix this
> problem and it will cost me a lot of time and effort.
Once you have re-allocated unique IDs, you won't have any further
problems with images and you won;t have to re-build your stack or even
re-import the images.

HTH,
Sarah