another multi-user "solution"?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 26 02:13:19 EDT 2005

sims wrote:
> At 10:10 PM -0700 4/25/05, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure if this will work for you, but lately I've been using
>> tab-delimited text for the sorts of things I used to use cards for. I
>> maintain a one-card window for display, pouring data into the fields
>> as needed, but the data itself is maintained as just straight text.
>> Fast, flexible, and about as small as it can be....
>
> Is this usually reading from text files or using custom properties?

I rarely use text files, since I'd need to parse them and the engine
does this well with custom props, field-tested and proven for more than
a decade, with simple and efficient one-liners for getting at the data.

Most commonly I store tab-delimited lists in properties, and since I'm
using properties I can store any number of them in a single file.  It's
like having a multi-table database, simple to slice and dice at will
with minimal effort.

For more ideas on using stack files for general data storage see:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006149.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation