PPP--Peculiar Printing Problem

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Apr 23 09:50:12 EDT 2005

I am trying to print labels. I have set up 20 fields, one for each
label (1"x4") When printed they should just about cover an 8.5'x11"
sheet. Standard Avery 5161 labels.

I have included them in a scrolling group.

If the stack size is sufficient to view the whole group, the print is
fine--shows the whole group of labels.

If the stack size is less than the size of the group but I print to a
rect which which includes the entire 8.5"x11" page, the whole 8.5x11"
of the card is printed but only a portion of the group shows. (To
save paper and time, I'm using the PDF preview in OS X.)

I have tried locking the screen, expanding the screen size (in
script) and then unlocking the screen, but this doesn't work. (If I
do not lock the screen, it does work, i.e. the entire 8.5 x 11" is
printed.)

As an experiment, I  created a scrolling field and a rectangle, both
of which extended off the bottom of the window. I printed from 0,0 to
800,800--sufficient to cover everything.

The entire rectangle was printed and all of the field except that
portion of  the scrollbar which was off the screen. Is this a problem
with groups? Is a scrolling field treated as a group by the IDE?

Jim