Several Text issues

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 22 11:16:15 EDT 2005

Michael,
HTH
Tom
On Apr 22, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Michael Parent wrote:
> 1. I would like to format the text in the field for better reading, how
> do I use the set htmltext property to format the text field, do I put
> that in the text field script?
Do this when you put the text into the field. If you do it by script
then do it from there otherwise make a temp button and put it in there
then delete the button later.

> 2. I want the user to enter a search string and be able to find that in
> the text field, the string could be a file name or an extension type.
> Do
> I use the find command? what is the format? I want to be able to find
> anything that closeley matches the search as well as exact matches, and
> have that open in a new stack. The documenation shows how to use Find
> with a specific string but not how to do it with a variable.
Find works: find string "beat must go on" in field "Quotes"
as well as 'is among' is 'not among'
as well as the offsets - lineoffset, itemoffset, wordoffset

> 3. I would like to be able to open to that file in an explorer window
> (only needs to be windows, but a cross platform way would be great) by
> clicking on the file name in the search result window.
use the revgourl -
revGoURL "http://www.example.org/info.html"
revGoURL "http://me:secret@www.example.com/secret-plan/"
revGoURL it