OT: Adobe kills Director

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:07:32 EDT 2005

You know, Jesse, I COMPLETELY get it now.

xTalk is the main reason why I decided to check out (and then buy a
copy of) RR a couple of months ago.  I'm completely hooked on the
language, which is stupid and crazy, since I've worked in
30+languages, most of them BEFORE xTalk, and I had more-or-less given
up on xTalk for the last 10 years.

It isn't rational to like xTalk more than BASIC.  OK, no, that's so
not true.  I'm shutting up now.  I actually was pondering writing an
xTalk interpreter/cross-compiler earlier this year until I discovered
RR.  With the innovations that SC brought after I gave up on it that
were then incorporated into RR I'm glad I didn't.  Of course, RR has
quirks in it that are extremely annoying, but with some suggestions
from Richard, I'm hopeful that I can ultimately overcome them.
--
http://taoof4d.blogspot.com
http://4dwishlist.blogspot.com