Image Library question

Varen Swaab public at veggio.com
Fri Apr 22 01:47:05 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm working on an application which has about 25 .png files imported
via the image library. We recently discovered an aesthetic  problem
with the images which required me to import new images into the stack's
library.

When I imported the new images I noticed some wrong images being used
in the various button states even though I'm sure the images were being
called correctly. I have several button states I'm working with,
mouseEnter, mouseClick, etc.  In a seemingly random pattern some button
images have been replaced by very old images I'd imported into, and
deleted from the application weeks ago.

In other cases, the thumbnail in the Image Library was of a totally
different image than the actual imported image, but when viewed in the
stack the image was correct.

For example, when I mouse over a button an image appears that I deleted
from the application in February. I haven't seen or used this image in
a long time but BANG there it is!!  fI know the image number is being
called is correctly and the image appears correctly in the stack, but
not in the button.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before? It seems that there is an
image cache that isn't properly cleared when images are deleted, or
something else is going on.

BTW, I even created a new substack, imported the new images, and the
same problem happens.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Varen