line number in a for each repeat

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 21 16:17:01 EDT 2005

I am confused........

can someone help me???? Thanks

I have a for each repeat statement in my script. The global  "theKeys"
holds a list of valid images that can be clicked.
If it is a valid key/image then I want to find out what line it is on
in that global since I have a field that I want to highlight that name
on that matches the global.

the target is the image short named three

  global theKeys -- (contains image names "one(cr) two(cr) three(cr)
four(cr)" etc.)

   if the short name of the target is among the lines of theKeys then --
(yes, the target key is "three")
     put the short name of the target into thekey -- now contains "three"
     repeat for each line x in theKeys
       if  x = theKey then -- after the third sweep it comes to x = three

         -- this is where I need the actual line number that three is in
theKeys global which in this case is 3
		put line x into theblend -- doesn't work
		--put the line number of x of theKeys into theblend -- doesn't work

       end if
     end repeat
   else
     exit mouseUp