playing video on PCs

Signe Marie Sanne Signe.Sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Apr 21 07:08:23 EDT 2005

Signe Marie Sanne skrev:

> sims skrev:
>
>> I need to play video on both OS X and Windows machines which will
>> for the most part be business computers - corporate office machines.
>>
>> The Mac part I can figure out and will be able to use QuickTime.
>>
>> Some PC machines will not have QuickTime installed and will not want
>> to install QT. I need some advice on what format/codec to use for
>> these non-QT machines.
>

> Hello Sims
> Just mail me off the list if you would like to get a small stack showing
> how to play mpeg files with mciSendString. Any others are also welcome
> to do the same. The stack is not fully overhauled to go RevOnLine, but
> it contains the necessary scripts to get started.

I just uploaded the stack "mciMpegVideo" to RevOnLine. It can be found
either in User spaces under "sms", or under Programming. If anyone finds out
how to avoid flickering in closeVideo, I would be grateful to get the scripts.

--
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis/Senior lecturer
Romansk institutt                 	Tlf. 	+47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1				Epost: 	signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Universitetet i Bergen

	http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html