OT: Adobe kills Director

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 21 06:06:13 EDT 2005

Alex Shaw wrote:
> usually try not to get to caught up in these sort of things but i saw
> this quote from a ex-Macromedia worker (unconfirmed) on slashdot..
>
> "Adobe will kill off Director within 3 years."

But Macromedia was likely to kill it off themselves in 3 or 4 years
anyway. Think about it:  With Flash getting ever more powerful by leaps
and bounds eachc year, in three years' time there would have been too
much overlap in features to warrant keeping both going as competing
products.

Yep, we can expect lots of FUD in the coming months....

(Macrobe can shoot themselves in the foot for all I care, but if they
harm Fireworks I'll make such a scene at the shareholders' meeting you
folks may read about it in the papers <g>)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation