Simple Scoping Question

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Apr 20 14:04:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

openStack handler is called each time a stack is open: in the IDE it
may be when opening any script, any property window, rev error dialog,
app browser, etc..
In fact any window. That's the great thing with Rev : the IDE is built
with Rev :-)
As for your problem, you have to check when you have to trigger or PASS
a system message with a condition test.
You are right: IDE behaviour if different from stand alone environment.
You can check this too and act accordingly.
Best,

Le 20 avr. 05, à 19:53, David Burgun a écrit :

> I hadn't realized that the openStack handler gets called when doing a
> Save. What is the recommended action for handle this?
>
> I could do one of three things:
>
> 1.  Check if myStackFileName is empty and if so skip the "start uisng"
> 2.  Check the Stack Name for "revSaving" and if so skip the "start
> uisng"
> 3.  Check if in "development" moce and if so  skip the "start uisng"
>
> I suppose I need similar tests in preOpenStack and closeStack?

Amicalement,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Web site		http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/