playing video on PCs

Signe Marie Sanne Signe.Sanne at roman.uib.no
Wed Apr 20 03:53:57 EDT 2005

sims skrev:
> I need to play video on both OS X and Windows machines which will
> for the most part be business computers - corporate office machines.
>
> The Mac part I can figure out and will be able to use QuickTime.
>
> Some PC machines will not have QuickTime installed and will not want
> to install QT. I need some advice on what format/codec to use for
> these non-QT machines.

Hello Sims
Just mail me off the list if you would like to get a small stack showing how
to play mpeg files with mciSendString. Any others are also welcome to do the
same. The stack is not fully overhauled to go RevOnLine, but it contains the
necessary scripts to get started.

Best regards
Signe Marie

--
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis/Senior lecturer
Romansk institutt                 	Tlf. 	+47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1				Epost: 	signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Universitetet i Bergen

	http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html