Keypress Help

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Apr 18 14:48:47 EDT 2005

Howdy List:

Still looking for options to reliably detect keypress events on Windows with
Rev.  Recap: keyUp messages are immediately sent regardless of whether a
pressed key is released.  Same happens with keyDown and rawKeyDown.  Even
the keysDown() function doesn't seem to help here since it apparently
alternates between returning the pressed key/s and empty.

I now have to go explain to a client why I was unable to get their demo
working correctly on a test system.  This is majorly irritating since key
events work as expected on MacOS.

How can one reliably tell on Windows when a key is pressed versus when it is
released?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director