Standalone Application Launch Error

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Apr 18 13:54:48 EDT 2005

Dave,

Whenever I've seen this error it's been because the built standalone is
missing some resource that should be there.  Are you using any type of
database access?  If so, use ResEdit to check and make sure you have the
CODE resource for "revdb" in your standalone (or check for a "Valentina"
CODE resource if you're making direct calls to the Valentina external).  Not
sure if this will be the problem in your case, but it's something to check
for.

Have you tried just letting the standalone builder automatically search for
the inclusions it needs?  I'm wondering if because you have all the database
support items selected you're getting some conflicts somewhere.

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company
www.readnaturally.com