Create DOM "inspector" from XHTML Doc

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Apr 17 01:39:23 EDT 2005

In Firefox, you can use the great DOM inspector... but you can't print
it out or copy it.

I would like to generate (for documentation) the tree with attributes
showing for a given web page. Has someone already done this?

e.g.  where gData holds the webPage

I can use:

global gData, gCurrTree
on mouseUP
   put revCreateXMLTree(gData,true,true,true) into gCurrTree
put revXMLTree(gCurrTree,"html",return,tab,false,-1) into fld "data"
end mouseUP

and get what you see below, but I would like to see the attributes as
well, where they exist so we get a more complete view of the page
structure.... I suppose I should invest in a good xml editor? I can't
find a function like this in BBEdit either.

##### this what we can currently get...with the above script

html
	head
		title
		link
	body
		img
		div
			div
				ol
					li
					etc...

##### this is what I want, I'm thinking someone has already done this...

div id="dateLIne'
	p class="SmallType"

div id="Closing"

etc.