Database choosing

Oak Norton oak at jwscpa.com
Thu Apr 14 14:50:03 EDT 2005

Hello all, I'm a total newbie to Revolution and I have limited programming
experience.  I'm one of those people I read about in a recent post that
needs a solution so I figure out how to program it for myself.  My
experience has mostly been with cold fusion and MS-SQL/Access.  I've been
leaning toward MySQL for a cross-platform project, but from the posts on
this board I'm just about ready to look at PostgreSQL.  I know there's some
differences between all the SQL's but don't know much about what they are.
In the example below I see a bit of code which illustrated that point and
just worries me a tad because I find Access invaluable to build queries
quickly and test them out and if I didn't have to change the code at all,
that would be a big plus.  So which of the sql flavors is closest to MSSQL
and will go cross-platform?

Thanks,

Oak