How many developers in USA & Oracle question

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Apr 14 09:29:03 EDT 2005

Hello,

Feel free to test this n-tier web app build in using rev on the
application server side and postgresql as the backend, both running on
the same box and binded together trought localhost TCP/IP connections.

This app is up for test purpose only and you can test all write and
read operations without any restriction.

the acces url : <http://www.sahores-conseil.com/pimaulnay.html>

the login : iplsport

the password : portipls

Feel free to ask for more explanations about how to setup such kind of
app for your own.

Best,

Le 14 avr. 05, à 13:38, Typing80wpm at aol.com a écrit :

> Someone gave me a valuable tip about using Postgres SQL rather than
> MYSql,
> because Postgres is free to distribute... but it looks to me like
> MySQL is
> easier to install with Apache..  Postgres looks more complicated and
> problematic
> (I may be wrong)...
>
> But tell me, suppose I wanted to develop at test applications on my
> desktop
> which would ultimately be intended for Oracle as a back end.  Am I
> better  of
> trying to get some type of "personal Oracle" (if there is such a
> thing) for
> my desktop... or is there something else I should use for the desktop
> during
> testing, that would not be such a hassle to switch to Oracle once
> deployed/distributed?
>
> Different question: Is there any easy way to develope applications in
> Revolution which connect to a database across an Internet connection,
> at some
> website.  Just curious. Thanks!

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris