Weird number behavior

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Apr 13 16:29:06 EDT 2005

let's go wild in humor!

> Subtracting 0 from a number makes it bigger? I guess so in Revolution.

There's more than one problem with zeros... It's a special hyperprogramming
dimention that Rev opens for it's users! ;)

Between any two points a curve can hide a monster... said a famous
mathematician whose name escapes me...

Random of 0 = 1 -- random(0) should be used actually...

put 0 ^ 0 = 1 ;)

Superstack symmetry can be solved this way actually. Funny or weird starks
and buttons are not as reactive in the present field > 1 dimentional reality
which is a good thing! if a button reached zero height or width
dimentionally it would anilate itself in a a burst of errors and disappear!
This happens in our world when you divide by 0...

Hey!, who slipped some beer in my jupiler?

For the technical limits see the rev limits. In brief

The "integer" operations precision is up to 2^(52)+k < 2^53 in rev. Quite
limiting in most financial, statistical, astronomical, mathematical fields I
can think of! I had hoped 2^64th or infinitesimmaly better ;). Most
languages have a limit but I think Hypercard could do 2^48 only...

A good thing that statistics are an impresice science as its inventor said
(you know me and names! I forgot that one too ;)

Mathematica is great here... But after 6 months crunching it crashed before
telling me if my prime was a possible prime and disk space wasn't the
problem - i have my own prime theory which I thank this list in motivating
the inspiration though! That prime number is more than a CD full in ASCII!
;)

If anyone is interested in working on a distributed super-large integer
library in Rev, im game for it!

Hyper-threads!
Xav