Creating & Using Tabs tutorial

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Apr 12 20:57:26 EDT 2005

Well, I suspect I'm not saying anything that I haven't said before (for
example, an index might have helped me find the answer to the question of
how to disable a single tab) or that others haven't said before...  I
don't say that the documents suck but rather that some things perhaps need
to be done differently.  If I understand things correctly, there may be
only a single person responsible for the documentation.  The docs are
considerable in what is covered/sheer volume of info that needs to be
covered.  It's hard to get everything right, especially if you don't have
a team of people handling such a thing.  Having said that, I still,
however, think that if the object inspector for tabs doesn't allow you the
obvious ability to disable a single tab, then the issue of how to do so
really aught to be in the  main dox section dealing with tab buttons.

I'm surprised about what you say re: yahoo dox group.  Dan posted there
just last night or so and I responded.  Not exactly a swinging, happening
group, but not dead either.

The problem with building 'real' docs from scratch is the same as I
outlined in paragraph 1.  That, and the fact that textual support is
needed for a wide range of potential users (some who looked at my tabs
stack probably cringed at the voluminous usage of if-then-end if's, but I
think that normal humans who need a step-by-step probably relate more to
if-thens than to case statements).

There are those who never need to know about one-dimensional versus
multidimensional arrays and those for whom that bit of info is a make or
break the deal issue.

etc.

Judy