Replacing Answer/Ask

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Apr 12 19:45:53 EDT 2005

Add this thought into the mix:

Scripts are compiled into a bytecode format, but the original script
code is still included in plaintext in a compiled standalone.  What
would the implications be for stripping the plaintext script code from
a stack as it is converted into a standalone?

Obviously this would need to be an option, since some apps may actually
want to read those scripts even after they are made into standalones,
but I suspect that for 90% or more of us, that would reduce the final
app size by about half or so.

Any thoughts?  Is this worth BZing an enh req for?