Replacing Answer/Ask

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Apr 12 19:02:39 EDT 2005

Thank you all for the suggestions.  Now I have a place to look for my
"installer".  I did not realize that the license.rev stack was the home
stack.  I always thought it was the menubar, but now it all makes sense.

As far as custom dialogs not taking up a lot of space, that is simply
not true.  Let's say for instance that in a standalone you intend to
have, at the most, 20 custom dialogs.  If they average out to a slim
size of just 4k, then that amounts to 80k total.

With my dialogs, they usually end up being about 6k in size, and I have
at least 14 different ones, so about 84k.  Making a common dialog
system, which comes out to only about 10k total, is a much better
solution for saving space.

Combine that with other simple space saving habits like using
abbreviated code, removing comments and white space from scripts, and
having 1 card with all images on it and buttons that reference each
image, ultimately helped me reduce my standalone's file size by almost 200k.

200K may not be much, but it's a huge improvement considering the size
of the engine alone.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software