Creating & Using Tabs tutorial

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Apr 12 17:02:45 EDT 2005

Judy Perry wrote:

>Hmmm... the file's there alright.. I'll try to see what's up. Or not, as
>the case apparently is.

Judy,

I don't even begin to understand this - but here's what happened for me.

1. Clicked on the button "Get PDF".
   brief flicker on the screen, nothing more.

2. looked at the stack source, copy/paste the line into the message box
  similar flicker

3. looked at the docs to remind myself what revGoURL is supposed to do.
3a. went and found my (already open) browser instance.

4. browser is reporting "file /RevPDFs/Rev_tabs.html not found"

5. tried various things in the browser (e.g. the directory, the next
level up directory, etc.) without any success

6. tried, for no obvious reason, the original URL again
   this time, the error message was "Acrobat Reader: file is damaged and
cannot be repaired"

7. so, tried yet again.
This time it worked, and I can now read the PDF just fine in Acrobat Reader.

Go figure !

Win XP, Rev 2.5, Mozilla Firefox 1.0