Creating & Using Tabs tutorial

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Apr 12 16:36:06 EDT 2005

May be...

But, I would have to stress that a normal human (i.e., a non-programmer)
who goes through the docs for tab buttons and doesn't see how to disable
an individual tab isn't very likely to go check out menu behaviors (for
the very simple and obvious reason that a tab button does not look like a
menu!).

Even if it duplicates info found out elsewhere, everything basically
associated with a tab button (or any other object) aught to be found under
that item's entry in the docs.  Maybe for some things this is
unreasonable, but enabling/disabling things is a basic thing that really
aught to be there and not hiding out elsewhere.

FWIW...

This, and the fact that you can't do it from the object inspector, is part
of what makes using the Rev IDE and its docs frustrating for some people
(not venting here, just pointing out how others might experience things).
As I haven't had the need to ever disable an individual tab, I'm not
frustrated, but if I had needed to... yep, I'd be annoyed.

Judy