Ann: Beta preview of ResizeN2O

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Apr 12 13:09:24 EDT 2005

For those who recently asked for this feature, well, here's the next step!

At first I thought it was not possible. The resizeControl only works after
you resize a control. The resizing handles dont return any messages, etc,
etc...

Then, I thought, but hey, I do this all the time with my column field
resizers!

So in the end, yes, it is possible!!!

So here is the announcement to everyone's delight of the ResizeN2O plugin
stack!

It allows square resizing or proportional resizing in addition to normal
resizing.

Im also working on shift move with 15 degree increments vectored control
moves while holding the shift key!
I doubt I'll add options to switch the keys to your liking but if you donate
enough to motivate this user-sponsor-ware, I just might ;)

Now the bad news...
The stack is unfinished! That's obvious since I said beta in the title
right? ;)
- The translation vectors are not yet ready! have to use transitive algebra
here so it takes a bit more calculuscriptin ;)
- The corner handles do not resize squarely or propionately yet... Just a
matter of time...

The good news:
- Capslock gives you the rect of the control
- you can resize by just grabbing the 6 border pixel of the control's rect
to resize in any direction - but I dont yet check for smaller than 12 pixel
width or height controls...
- It resizes as expected...
- I fixed a redraw bug problem!

I hope to have a working version tomorow or before the weekend depending on
your feedback! For the rest of the features, if you want to tackle one or
the other in the collaborative spirit, let me know!

Oh yes, the download link is
http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=78
(130KBs)

cheers