Re-2: Unicode Displaying in Runtime Revolution

boehmisch at animabit.de boehmisch at animabit.de
Tue Apr 12 08:05:45 EDT 2005

Hello Marisa

I tried runrev for greek and hebrew:
Wrote the text in winword or openoffice (greek, hebrew right to left, german and mixed text)
and copied it into rr text field.
It was displayed correctly.

But:
Direct typing of hebrew (rr windows 2.2.1) right to left was not possible:
runrev
wrote the first word correctly from right to left, but after the space it continued to write
on the right of the first word instead of continuing writing rtl.

Any table property destroys foreign languages
(I think because of internal use of the # delimiter in rr fields for tables an menu items
which is the HTML entitiy sign !)

==> please try to copy a correct unicode formatted thai text from winword or another textprocessor
into a rr textfield for checking, whether rr can import your thai unicode.
Direct typing my produce problems you didn't expect.

Another way I tested:
Convert your thai texts in correct HTML-code
test it in your browser for convenient display of your thai text
and import it in your rr text field using the HTMLtext property:

   set the HTMLtext of field "thai" to "<html>..."

This worked correct for greek, hebrew and arabic on rr windows 2.2.1 I tested.

If this display method would have been working correctly even for thai then
perhaps the database channel of rr cannot handle unicode?

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch
http://www.animabit.de