Weird PC Transcript error problems....Help!!

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 01:30:19 EDT 2005

The following is repeatable on both an HP laptop and a desktop running
WinXP.  This along with a number of other inconsitencies of Rev on PC's is
driving me crazy to the point I'm on the verge of giving up on it, and I
really don't want to.  If anybody can help I'd appreciate it.

If I create a simple one card stack with a single button that has the
following script everything works fine;
on mouseUp
  put the ticks
end mouseUp

The ticks get put into the message box.

I can also create a simple one card stack with three graphics grouped and
named "Foo", and a button with the following script, and everything works
fine;
on mouseUp
  hide grp "Foo"
  lock screen
  show group "Foo"
  unlock screen with visual iris open
end mouseUp

The group shows with an iris open, albeit at completely different speeds on
each machine.

However, if I add "put the ticks" in the second example as follows, I get an
"unquoted literal" error at the line "unlock screen with visual iris open".

on mouseUp
  put the ticks
  hide grp "Foo"
  lock screen
  show group "Foo"
  unlock screen with visual iris open
end mouseUp

I can repeat this with other handlers and get different errors, but in every
case I do not get errors when doing the same on a Mac.

Is the error handling different on the PC ?   I have reloaded Rev a couple
of times and just accept the default settings regarding the script editor
etc.

Thanks for your consideration, Bob...

Bob Earp - Ashford Training Technologies, White Rock, BC, Canada.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.