Dreamcard player on Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Apr 11 12:33:21 EDT 2005

On 4/11/05 9:49 AM, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> Annika,
>
> if you open a cmd and type "assoc .rev" , it will tell you who or what
> program is associated with the rev extension.
>
> typing assoc alone will give you all the classes available with their
> assigned types.
>
> Unfortunately, no matter how i reverse the function i dont get revolution
> anything... I know I've installed Rev after winrar. So I know now the
> problem - most probable that runrev doesnt create a filetype class for it's
> files at installation - another bugzilla i guess - note that it's only
> useful for the first file you open also! And we've been discussing this on
> another thread.

When I do "assoc .rev" I get "rev_auto_file", which if you track it down in
RegEdit in HKCR, it points to Revolution (2.2 on my machine, even though
2.5.1 is installed). It seems as though the installer will create an entry
if there isn't one, but won't update an entry if there is one (I still have
2.2 on my PC along with 2.5.1).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/