MySQL Date Conversion Problem

Marvin Wurth jenworth at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 9 08:11:02 EDT 2005

I have found the following problem and would like someone to please
confirm my findings before I post Bug report.

I have been using the following functions posted by Sarah Reichelt to
convert dates from MySQL to Revolution and back to MySQL.  The functions
are:

-- converts a system short date into an SQL format date
-- uses current date if none supplied
--
function SQLDate pDate
    if pDate is empty then put the short system date into pDate

-- reverse function to convert SQL date to short system date
--
function SystemDate pDate
   if pDate is empty then return the short system date

I been using the functions for about 6 months and they work great!
Thanks
Sarah.  But yesterday I noticed working in Revolution 2.5.1 on Mac OS X
10.3.8, that when a date came in from MySQL, Revolution was displaying
one
day earlier.  For example if the date in MySQL which is formatted as
'2005-02-01' was converted to '01/31/05'.  The conversion back to MySQL
works correctly.  What is even stranger is if the date is in the same
week
as the current date then the conversion is correct.  For example
'2005-04-08' to '04/08/05' works correctly.

When I tested the functions with different platforms and versions of
Revolution, I found the following results.

Windows XP SP2, Revolution 2.1.2 works correctly.
Windows XP SP2, Revolution 2.5.1 works correctly.
SuSE 9.2, Revolution 2.5 works correctly.
Mac OS 9.2 in Classic Mode,  Revolution 2.2.1 works correctly.
Mac OS X 10.3.8, Revolution 2.1.2 works correctly.
Mac OS X 10.3.8, Revolution 2.2.1 works correctly.
Mac OS X 10.3.8, Revolution 2.5.1 failed.

It looks to me like there is some type of problem in 2.5.1 and short
system date.  I have a small test stack I created for testing if any
would
like me to email it to them.  If you have any questions, please let me
know.  Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marvin Wurth