Interfacing with MS Outlook

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Apr 7 09:35:38 EDT 2005

This may be a bit off from what you guys want...

But there is a way to generate an e-mail in outlook from RR. The basic
idea is to use RR to create a document with all the needed MS-Word
scripting so that, when you use a shell command to launch the document,
it automatically opens up as an e-mail in Outlook. These e-mails include
an embedded picture and quite a few html-style links for navigation
within the document.

I do this for work, and it works great. However, it was rather tricky to
set up, and (for reasons I do not fully comprehend) there are some
computers in a different department at work where it does not work -
probably something to do with the MS Word email envelope not being
compatible with the version of MS Word on that computer.