user-movable fields?

Signe Marie Sanne Signe.Sanne at roman.uib.no
Wed Apr 6 02:44:14 EDT 2005

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto skrev:
> At 2:11 PM -0400 4/5/05, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
>
>> Is the control key behavior just in the IDE or will it work in a
>> standalone? Don't we need to code the control behavior for a standalone?
>

> No: Control-clicking (or right-clicking) an unlocked field sends
> mouseDown, mouseUp, etc. instead of opening the field for editing. This
> is built-in behavior of fields. (There's a note in the docs for
> mouseDown and mouseUp.)

Surprise surprise... when you select the text in an unlocked field and drag
it to another unlocked field, you move the text to this new field. When
control-clicking and dragging you put a copy of the text into the new field.
   (This is on Windows.) There are always new things to learn!

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne