Toggle Listbehavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 5 00:58:31 EDT 2005

On 4/4/05 10:39 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> I want to toggle the listbehavior of a fld with a simple check btn:
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the listbehavior of fld "ToDo" to the hilite of me
> end mouseUp
>
> problem: it works to set listbehavior to true but
>
> unchecking leaves "orphaned to true props" :
>
> locktext  ## remains set to true
> dontwrap  ## remains set to true
>
> is this a bug? If setting listbehavior to true turns these properties
> on, then should they not be turned off if they were not on in the first
> place?

It doesn't seem like a bug to me. The listbehavior can't work without
both locktext and dontwrap also set; if they aren't set, you don't have
listbehavior. However, both locktext and dontwrap can be used
independently regardless of listbehavior, so I think it makes sense to
leave them on when listbehavior is turned off.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com