How to get the difference between two lists?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Apr 4 16:29:26 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:11 PM, jbv wrote:

> I've been heavily using Rev cgi and mySQL during the past
> few months, and I found out that extracting raw data from the
> db and processing them (sorting, comparing...) in Transcript
> is most of the time much faster than writing sophisticated
> SQL code...

I bow to your experience.

In that case, I'd look for a way to keep sets in the db in a form that
is handy for their use.  If use is primarily set operations, I'd look
toward optimizing that, and choosing the representation for that
optimization.  I think that leaves out an array as representation.

Dar