1010 error code HELP

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 3 23:28:52 EDT 2005

Brian Thomas wrote:
 >>> Hi. I just a got an email from an If Monks had Macs customer who
 >>> consistently gets a 1010 error under Mac OS 9.1. This error does not
 >>> (per Appleerrorcodes.com) appear to be a Mac OS error.

That domain appears to have an incomplete list.  Using Google I found
several resources which mention Error ID 1010:

    error 1010 dsBadLibrary: DS Errors which are specific to the
    new runtime model introduced with PowerPC
    <http://www.chasms.com/chasms3/MAC/macerrors2.htm>

Another explanation for the same code says:

    1010  kInvalidObjectIDErr  Object ID for ObjectRequest is bad
<http://www.graphixmad.plus.com/mac_troubleshooter/error_codes_pos.html>

And another, citing CarbonCore/MacErrors.h:

   dsBadLibrary = 1010, /* Bad shared library */
   <http://www2.cs.lth.se/X-tips/MacErrors.h>

And this one from the RB list:

   Basically a 1010 means that a shared library couldn't be
   loaded because something it needs isn't available. (It
   also means that you don't have MacsBug installed, which
   IMHO is a big mistake for any developer -- and for almost
   any user -- in classic MacOS.)
<http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/realbasic-games/2004-07/msg00063.html>

 >> Are you using any externals? I believe I used to get that error
 >> when a shared library was missing for an external...
 >
 > I'm not using externals and Monks works on other G3 iMacs. Does anyone
 > else have any ideas

What about the speech externals?

--
  Richard Gaskin