Python and Rev

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Apr 3 16:29:17 EDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005, at 9:25 AM, MisterX wrote:

> Maybe Rev can drive the Python GUI somewhere...

Just before I climbed on the Rev bandwagon -- a move I do not regret,
just to be clear -- I was working on an Open Source Python project
called PythonCard, an attempt to reproduce some of the ease of
development of HyperCard with a fully object-oriented scripting
language underneath. Kevin Altis, who wrote one of the premier
HyperCard products, a truly powerful PIM (Personal Information
Manager), was heading up that project. I think he has sort of set it
aside for the moment as he's taken up the unpaid cause of evangelizing
Python more broadly, a move he felt was necessary before PythonCard
could become real.