Bug reports in standalones

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sun Apr 3 08:54:33 EDT 2005

 > This looks like a great facility but I haven't found any instructions
 > about how to use it. For example, can I get the text of the error to
 > appear on the screen? How is the email feature implemented (I didn't
 > seem to get any of the emails)? The 'save report to file' is working
 > well, but I'd just like to understand it a bit more...

I honestly found that the bug reporter that you can include in your
standalones to be buggy itself, and did not work for any of my programs.

So instead I rolled my own.  When an error occurs, my error script will
execute and show a custom dialog that allows them to send the error
report to me.

It get's as much information about their system as possible, along with
the error information, and then it emails it to me over a script on my
server.

Doing this, IMHO, allows you to have more control over the error report.
  You can get information not normally included, like the current rect
of a window, what windows are open, how long the program has been open,
so on and so fourth.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software