shell() not waiting - not hiding

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sat Apr 2 11:23:28 EST 2005

In the documentation the shell() function explains that if you use the
"get shell()" or "put shell()" methods that it will wait for a result
code back from the program before continuing.

Right now I'm working with the InnoSetup console compiler, and though it
works great, my script is not waiting.  In the end, I've been putting in
a "wait for 10 seconds" line in my script.

Also, even if I set showConsoleWindows to false, they still show.  I
tried locking the screen.  Setting the shellCommand first.  Nothing
seems to be working, yet I use the showConsoleWindows property in many
of my scripts and they are all working fine.

Is it safe to assume that this is not a problem with Revolution, and it
is somehow related to how the InnoSetup compiler is passing information?

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software